Saturday 14 April 2012

Cartoon Head still on the Campaign Trail

Really enjoyed the launch of Frank Boyle's football cartoon exhibition last night at the Scottish Storytelling Centre on the High Street. Some excellent football and political banter washed down with a wee glass of red. Frank even let slip what team he really supports, but the secret's safe with me. His work is fairly legendary now with the only low point of his career being a cartoon featuring me (the only one to the best of my knowledge). You can access his work and buy his books at his website . It's all good stuff.

Balerno Farmers Market today, followed by a spot of leafleting and door knocking at the top end of Balerno. Went well. Tonight, against my better judgement I will be participating in a Labour fundraising Poker Night. I can't even make a half decent job of a fixed odds so I'll probably be completely out of my depth with serious gambling.

Early night, though, tomorrow I'm Hampden bound for the Scottish Cup Semi Final. I may be in a minority but I think an all Edinburgh Cup Final would be fantastic for both clubs and the city. I'm not confident its going to happen mind, but you never know.... 'Mon the Hearts !

No comments: