Tuesday 28 February 2012

Setting the Agenda

Meeting of the Pentlands Neighbourhood Partnership tonight at Currie High School. Normally a relatively productive meeting with no hidden agendas or axes to be ground but I have to admit to being a bit disappointed that a couple of items that I had asked to be on the agenda have failed to appear. After the tragic death of a cyclist recently on the Lanark Road I had suggested that this should be discussed by the NP with a view to reviewing road safety measures on the Lanark Road, if necessary. I also asked for the "10 acre site" at Wester Hailes to be on the agenda so that we can learn what progress has been made regarding development of the site after Prospect Housing Association reluctantly decided to withdraw from the project at the end of last year. I don't want to be a pain or throw my toys out of the pram but these are important issues and if Neighbourhood Partnerships want to be seen as relevant they need to discuss topical local issues not just subject members to death by power point every 6-8 weeks. There's also the small matter of the additional £3m to be spent on "road repairs" throughout the city. There's still no information on how this is to be allocated and I would have thought that NPs would want to have an input. Or am I just getting grumpy in my old age ????......

No comments: