Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snow place like home.....

The current conditions certainly are "unprecedented" at least in my life time, and I've been around for a while. Haven't seen so much snow, so quickly before and its caused widespread havoc. I've received numerous complaints from constituents who are basically snowed in and upset as they feel they have been forgotten by the Council. The policy of prioritising main roads and bus routes is fundamentally sound but existing council workers and vehicles can only do so much in a working day (plus overtime). That's why I called for additional resource to be employed, "unprecedented" conditions demand an "unprecedented" response and it looks like my nagging may not have been in vain. Extra contractors armed with JCBs are to be brought in. They've got a big job ahead of them but at least its a start.

No comments: