Friday 5 November 2010

There will be Fireworks tonight


Yes, I know, a blindingly obvious headline and photo, but I was too lazy to be more original...
Last night I underestimated the resilience and determination of the good folk at Clovie who did manage to stage their fireworks display after the poor weather subsided for a couple of hours. When I left it was in full swing as I headed for Balerno and then the Labour Party meeting in Pentlands Community Centre in Oxgangs. Got home around 10pm. Spent most of today in the Regulatory Committee, licences for HMOs, street traders etc. Tonight we're going to head to Currie for the annual fireworks display staged by the Currie and Balerno Round Table. Hope it stays fair.
Tomorrow is campaigning in Whitson and Ratho and then Derby Day on Sunday. Even after all these years I love the tension of a Hibs Hearts game and, unlike many fellow jambos, I actually enjoy going to Easter Road. Looking forward to seing their new stand. Hope they're able to fill it !

No comments: